The word automation dredges up some terrible imagery. From mindless robots to customers repeating their requests ad infinitum, customer support automation hardly has a good reputation. Yet more and more companies are adopting automation as part of their customer service strategy. Why? Because when done well, support automation can give customers a better experience and reduce the stress on their teams.
Say hello to Cyber November and early holiday shopping
Black Friday has slowly been morphing into a multi-day affair, helpfully prodded by Amazon’s month-long online sales. This year though should firmly put an end to the chaotic optics of in-store shopping mania.
Not only are major retailers closing their physical doors on Thanksgiving, but many have announced earlier promotions this year. Target will be “stretching out the savings” said during a recent AWIE Online event that her team is planning the same efforts and inventory as previous years right after Halloween. We expect many retailers to follow suit, especially as Amazon has pushed its Prime Day event to October.
The word automation dredges up some terrible imagery. From mindless robots to customers repeating their requests.
Deep discounts will be balanced by high AOV
Considering the immense growth that eCommerce has experienced in 2020, it’s no surprise that digital brands are generally optimistic about sales during Black Friday. About 42% of our surveyed brands felt their business would perform better this Black Friday than previous Black Fridays, demonstrating an overall positive sentiment going into the holiday.
“If 2020 has taught us anything, we just don’t know what’s around the corner,” says Melanie Travis, Founder and CEO of Andie. “We are taking a cautious approach to inventory buying for the rest of the year given that. While Black Friday/Cyber Monday has the potential to be enormous, we would just prefer not to be over inventoried, as a safety measure.”
Now, SEO in a startup setting can be challenging. I’m going to assume that your startup has already launched your website or your web content, your application, and that now you’ve just realized, “Wait, maybe we should do some of that SEO stuff.” And yes, you should. Let me make three big reasons, three big cases why you should:
- Search traffic is among the highest percentage of all referral traffic on the web. So whereas social traffic sends approximately: https://site.ua/category1/.
- Organic search traffic is more than 90% of all the clicks that go to search results. So 90% of the clicks are: https://site.ua/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/subcategory3/.
- Searches are a specific request from a user. That’s some of the most powerful: https://site.ua/category1/subcategory1/subcategory2/product/
Crawling, indexing, and website structure
1. Make a big, broad list.
Now, SEO in a startup setting can be challenging. I’m going to assume that your startup has already launched your website or your web content, your application, and that now you’ve just realized, “Wait, maybe we should do some of that SEO stuff.” And yes, you should. Let me make three big reasons, three big cases why you should. It looks like:
<meta name="keywords" content="Netpeak, - performance content">
<meta name="description" content="Netpeak description tittle wordpress">
Let me make three big reasons why you should. It looks like:
2. From there, you’re going to need some metrics:
- You want volume, you can get that from Google’s AdWords Tool.
- You want difficulty, so you want to know how hard it will be to rank.
- You want to know click-through rate opportunities. If there are lots of ads above the fold, if there’s a knowledge graph, if there’s an answer box up top there, that’s going to drive clicks away from the organic results.
3. Prioritize by the importance to you and to your company.
You’re going to use these metrics and you’re going to prioritize by the importance to you, to your company. You’re going to prioritize by the ease, the difficulty, and by the traffic, which is some function of the click-through rate opportunity and the volume, in order to choose right keywords for you.
- Search traffic is among the highest percentage of all referral traffic on the web.
- Organic search traffic is more than 90% of all the clicks that go to search results.
- Searches are a specific request from a user that says, “I want this thing and I want it right now.”
A better way to manage growth
At least, we can do this so long as we still have local independents to buy from, to support with our dollars, and with our serious marketing skills. The choice is ours, and the real convenience will be on the side of the people if we choose to build thriving tax bases, community health and safety, human well-being, and local character via locally-supported commerce.
It was exciting working with Astronomic! I was impressed with the results and received more than I expected. These guys made my month, highly recommend!
Actively point out to your customer base that it’s not actually more convenient to shop giant “everything stores” anymore (if it ever was?), because with the curbside pickup and home delivery revolution 2020 brought small businesses, “near me” shopping has never been easier. Highlight that we can all take a 10-minute drive to pick up an item and get ourselves out of the house.